Building a platform to combat homelessness in the Comox ValleyDawn to Dawn came to us looking for a bold but simple new website where they could showcase their mission and vision as well as generate donations. Their old website was not being used very often, and the society had only sporadic update posts on social media and personal accounts. Their program had been gaining traction in the news, and we wanted to help build a professional website to support the cause. We wanted the website to be a place to share stories, and attract donations, but also a space to recognize and acknowledge the community partners who support the society. The website was a passion project for The Update Company, our little way of giving back to the community.
ConsiderationsDawn to Dawn Action on Homelessness Society is a non-profit, residential housing program that makes transitional housing possible in the Comox Valley, Vancouver Island. The society provides homeless individuals and families with access to housing that gets them (or keeps them) off the streets all funded through donations.
We built a website that:
- Is easy to use and navigate
- Houses easy to find information and better serve the community who use it
- Helps foster a sense of community where everyone has a place to call home
- Provides access to services that allow people to become fully participating members of their community.
What we didWe created a simple eye-catching website showcasing the people Dawn to Dawn helps on a daily basis. We wanted their stories to shine through and inspire readers to take action and donate to the cause. We built a simple WordPress website that features a secure donation portal and easy to navigate blog so that Dawn to Dawn can share updates and stories.
Tools, techniques, and deliveries:
- New branding and design
- Custom WordPress site
- Donation page and secure online payment portal
- Blog posts with archive list
- Image carousels linked to stories